Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I'm a slow reader. So when a book has entangled me in its web, I usually sigh and set it aside many times in order to get on with my everyday living. I COULD NOT do this with The Time Traveler's Wife*. After reading just the prologue, I knew I was hooked. It's not only a great love story, it's a story that explores the deeper metaphysical meaning of life without ever getting preachy. It's a book with characters I began to care about within the first chapter and events that grabbed my attention in such a way that I had to read it from cover to cover immediately. If you have ever had the misfortune of being the one to wait or the one to go or helped anyone who's been in a similar situation, then this book will speak volumes to you.


*I kind of have a love / hate thing for the title. On one hand, it's completely appropriate. On the other hand, it sounds like it would have all the bad elements of SciFi and has the taint of Romance which usually sends me running. But it's very well written and captivating. And Mary-Ann, I too have a love/love thing for her name. ;>

1 Comments:

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

That is sooooo going on my wish list!

7/19/2006 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home