Wednesday, May 17, 2006

IDAHO

Did you know that today is the International Day Against Homophobia (IDAHO)? I sure didn't. I didn't even have a clue that May 17th had any significance, until now! So here's what I've learned about today:
1536 - Anne Boleyns 4 "lovers" were executed.
1620 - The first merry-go-round seen at a fair (Philippapolis, Turkey)
1804 - Lewis and Clark begin exploration of Louisiana Purchase
1954 - Brown vs. Board of Education is decided
1990 - the General Assembly of the World Health Organization (WHO) removed homosexuality from their list of mental disorders.
2004 - First legal same-sex marriage performed in Massachusetts

I know, it's not all related, but what the hell.

So let's all celebrate the queer side of life! Woo-hoo for the GBLTS!!! (Oh come on, I know it's not the "official" order the letters are suppose to go in, but I just get a giggle with the BLT in the middle. And I always include the straight queers... My darling heterosexual lifemate is one of the coolest you'll ever meet!) This bi-chic is going to celebrate the fact that her boyfriend has agreed to her dating women while he's all the way in Idaho. Hence the reason I came across this very interesting information. (The fact that he's in Idaho, not that he's okay with me dating women.... though I suppose it could have been the other way around. )

*phbbbbbbblat!* --- that's me blowing an imaginary spittle filled noise maker. ;p

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Well I'm always up for a party.

5/17/2006 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home