Friday, December 30, 2005

erotica and paper dolls... bookstore confessional

Recently, I had an older gentleman (he looked to be in his 70 or 80s) bring in a list of out-of-print erotica books. Among the titles were: Woman and her Master by Jean de Villiot, The Torture Garden by Octave Mirbea and two Anonymous books. We did not have them, but I was intrigued. I looked them up online and found Olympia Press, a site where you can download out-of-print erotica for only a dollar. When he came in again, for he would not leave a phone number, I informed him that we could not get these titles for him, but that he could download them and gave him the web address. He was very grateful, but then seemed a bit wary of my motives and proceeded to tell me about how his wife collects paper dolls. She has them all over their domicile (I didn't get whether it was a condo, apartment or a house) and even goes to conventions for paper doll collectors.

The bookstore is proving to be an incredible source for stories... I am in awe of how people tell me so much of their lives without even knowing my name. I feel like a priest... As a Discordian Eclectic Taoist Witch of the Beaver Clan, I guess I am a priest. Confess to me and I shall absolve you as only one who does not believe in sin can. May chaos bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home