Thursday, April 14, 2005

Soft Spoken??? --- a rant

I still can't get over it. In my conference with my least favorite teacher (a conference to which he was 20 minutes late and blamed it on the office staff even though I KNOW he was sleeping and should know when his conferences was anyhow), I was called , "soft spoken". Now I've been accused of many things in my lifetime, but not since high school, over TEN years ago, have I been called "soft spoken". Perhaps, I have allowed my personal disdain for him as a writer and annoyance at getting him as a teacher even though I was suppose to have a different teacher entirely to affect my usual enthusiasm for the class. But I don't believe for a second that I have been "soft spoken". And, as if that weren't enough, he then proceeded to say, "well, I can see that there's some real talent in there. I mean, you didn't get to Advanced for nothing."
Yep, he basically said I was a shit writer. What a little bitch. It shouldn't bother me so much, especially since I find his writing, his PUBLISHED writing to be the puerile drivel of a steroid fetus on a panty raid, but lately I've been feeling rather fragile. It pisses me off that I even care. I think what gets me the most is that these Workshop classes are always encouraging you to "take risks" and "try out new things" and "don't censor yourself". So that was what I was doing and he is too much of a ball brain to see it even though I expressly TOLD HIM that was what I was doing.

And then he has the nerve to call me "soft spoken".

3 Comments:

Blogger Lake Allison said...

Shit lit.

heh heh..

He only got where he is cuz his mommy is fucking you-know-who.

4/21/2005 9:28 PM  
Blogger frank crist said...

dude.. who r you? I know we're in class together, but whooooooooo?

4/28/2005 9:30 PM  
Blogger frank crist said...

Oh! haha. Duh. *kisses*

f.

4/28/2005 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home